21 October 2005

Stairs

are a bitch. Let me reiterate- stairs are a BITCH. My legs hurt. My butt hurts. My shins hurt. 48 stairs at least twice a day. More if I want a cigarette. Try hauling luggage. Or wearing a flak vest with chem gear on. Plus the gas mask. And the backpack filled with items needed for work. We have to wear chemgear booties. I wear a size 6 shoe. I can wear girls size 4 shoes. My feet aren't the width of the stairs. Until I put on the booties. Then my feet are huge.

I tripped going up the stairs.

Within the first 8 steps.

Twice.

Knees aren't meant to connect with stairs.

Trust me, it's a bitch.

*purty legs*
*purty legs*
*purty legs*

That's my new mantra. It's what keeps me going.

God, I better have a tight ass when I leave.

Ok, enough bitching.

I'm having fun. Work is even fun. Everyone laughs and cuts up. The work gets done and everyone has fun doing it. What more could a supervisor ask for?

I'm a lucky pixie. I got some boxes in the mail. One from my Mama who loves me so much. I couldn't ask for a better Mama. *love you mommy*

And one from Nell and the girls. Filled with life's necessities. Coffee, chocolate, and books. I love you guys.

I don't have internet in my room yet. I have to walk outside (down those bloody stairs) to hook up and smoke a cigarette. I smoke several at a time. Ain't no way in hell I'd come downstairs for just one. So I bring a book. And my laptop if I feel like hauling it down. Laptops aren't heavy until you haul it up a 4th floor walkup. Trust me.

That's why I haven't been on much. Forgive me. :-)

And now you know what's been going on in my life. Not a whole lot but I'm sure as heck enjoying it.

I do miss you guys though. It's only a year and then home for good!

I can't wait.

But until then I'm gonna have fun.

But for now, I'm gonna log off and go....

yes, you guessed it.

Climb the damn stairs.

*purty legs*

*sigh*

4 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

I'm glad you are getting some boxes with necessities and that you are enjoying your work. As for the stairs....(head banging) keep saying it "purty legs"

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

ROFL!!! Poor Pixie... I'm glad you got the boxes though. I bet after you're there a few more weeks you won't notice the stairs so much.... okay I lie! Becareful going down those things! It's bad enough bashing your knees on the way up...

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Harvey said...

"God, I better have a tight ass when I leave."

Said by every man who ever went to prison :-)

Anyway, I can sympathize on the cigarette thing. On winter days, I used to smoke 2 at once when I had to go outside.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll reiterate the advice about watching when going down the stairs. That's when the inner klutz pops out and leaves you with a technicolor foot. *snork*

Glad that the job is a pleasure for you and sympathizing with the cigarette trips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google