13 October 2005

Blog by email?

So I can send in posts by email. That's nifty!

However, I've discovered I'm clueless at adding a blogroll and logo. I think it fits right up there with algebra, calculus, and trigonometry.

Why do letters have to equal numbers? If x + y = 2 then why don't we just say 1 + 1 = 2?

Life would be so much easier.

My algebra teacher in high school said I'd need some form of algebra later in life. I'm happy to say I've proven him wrong. Balancing a checkbook doesn't require algebra.

The only form of math that HAS come in handy is percentages. I can tell you exactly how much that outfit that's 31% off is gonna be down to the penny.

I like to shop.

I suck at math.

I love to shop sales.

I found turtlenecks at the BX for 75% off. After calculating, I discovered they were a grand total of $2.00 a piece. I bought 3.

I don't normally buy clothes from the BX. It's a very small selection. But as my TMO shipment is sitting in a warehouse here on base and as yet I have no dorm room, therefore, no warm clothes, I bought clothes from the BX.

Are you following?

Cuz sometimes even I get lost on my train of thought.

Makes for fascinating trips.

Until I crash into reason.

Which seems to happen quite a lot.

I gotta learn to avoid him.

Anyways...

I'm going outside to smoke a cigarette.

I shall return.

Life is good.

6 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Oh yea, Robin Hood's a staple now.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to refrain from pointing out that x + y = 2 does not mean that x = 1 and y = 1. Ooops, didn't refrain.

But more importantly, what are Robin Hood sandwich shops? Inquiring minds want to know.

- Jacqui

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger KathyK said...

It's not that you suck at math, it's that you only want to work with those concepts that you find useful. 's ok.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Robin Hood is the Air Force version of Subway. They're ok. A little costly compared to Subways but beggars can't be choosers.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Harvey said...

Note to self - do not drive in a car labelled "reason" :-)

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Yeah, trust me, he's a really really BAD driver. :-p~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google