01 October 2005

Packing sucks

Take two. No, make that three. No, four. No, fi... ahhhh, hell I give up! Packing sucks.

Did you know the airlines lowered the weight limit for luggage from 70lbs to 50lbs? No? Neither did I until this week. It costs $25.00 to go up to 70lbs. I don't even want to know how much it is above 70lbs. Guess the airlines are REALLY hurting. Guess taking one cruton out of every salad didn't work.

Used to, military folks on orders could go up to 70lbs without paying extra. Not anymore.

I now have two boxes ready to mail when I get my address. And two suitcases- one at 49 lbs, one at 68 lbs.

Problem is I still have at least 10lbs left to be packed. I don't want to pay $50.00.

Hmmmm, wonder what I can do without for several weeks.

Shoes? Yep, need 'em.

Jeans? Yep, need 'em.

Hygiene products? Yep, definitely need those.

Ahhh, I got it. Uniforms! Do you have any idea how heavy 4 uniforms are? Plus steel-toed boots?

Ok, off to figure this out. Luckily I've got a Mama who's awesome at packing.

More later!

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

You couldn't get kevlar boots???

***innocent blink***

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Grrrrrrr!!! I'll get you my pretty! *eg*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google