05 October 2005

Korea

Well I'm here.

I think.

My brain's a little foggy still. Actually I think I left it back in the states.

I left B'ham on Sunday and arrived in San Fran at 8pm. Spent the night and arrived at San Fran Intl Monday at 11am. Hopped on the plane at 1:45 pm and spent a torturous 11 hrs on the plane.

A crowded plane.

A crowded plane that was over 36,000 ft in the air.

I don't like 36,000 ft in the air.

So I took a sleeping pill and tried to sleep.

Except the sunshine followed. We headed west over the Int'l dateline and the sun just wouldn't go away. I think it was 17 hours straight of sunlight. Talk about messing with your head. And body. And biorhythms. And head...oh, I said that already. See?

I took another sleeping pill.

It worked for about 2 hours. Then the legs started cramping. Time to get up.

Walked around for about 10 minutes til we hit turbulance. Is there supposed to be turbulence at 36,000 ft? So the pilot put on the seatbelt sign.

Sat back down and watched my DVD's for about 2 hours.

Got up to walk around again.

Ummm, don't ever go to the lavatory without your shoes on. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

And as much as I prefer the window seat, I will NOT get a window seat on the way back. Why you ask? Cuz you can't bloody get up. Everytime I got up, the two people next to me gave dirty looks. Course that just made me get up that much more. *snork*

So we land in Japan. Head to the gate to catch the next plane and had to go through security. Again. I didn't understand that. We didn't leave the secure area or terminal. Yet had to go back through it.

Ok, back through security.

Get to the plane in time to board. Two and a half hours we land at Incheon, Seoul at 8pm. Now a three hour wait until the bus arrives. Thank goodness they had a military desk to greet and semi-comfortable seats. Seats that you could lay down on.

Course I wonder if they were semi-comfortable cuz I was so tired I didn't give a damn or if they are really comfortable? Hmmmm, something to ponder. Later.

So we arrived on-base this morning around 2am. And checked into billeting.

And gonna be in billeting for a couple of months unless something changes real quick. (As I write this, the dorm manager is standing next to me. *snickersnort*)

Why, you ask?

Because there is not a female dorm room available right now until November.

Which means I don't get my stuff delivered until then.

Which means no TV, no DSL, no phone, no homey stuff. :-(

Anyways, back to the trip.

Have you ever tried airline food? No? I recommend you keep it that way. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible. But it's not cuisine. And it all tastes like overcooked chicken. Yes, you can overcook chicken. Trust me, I've discovered every recipe for overcooked chicken that exists.

Enough about that.

I'm here.

Day 1 of 365. Who's counting with me?

Actually it's not so bad. I've been here before and not too much has changed. A few of the buildings were moved.

And lots of memories came roaring back.

Let's go see what tomorrow brings.

7 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

What a bummer about the dorm room... I'm glad you made it safely though and yes I agree with getting the aisle seat. I love the window - cause I love to look out - but it's such a pain getting out of there.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there, Irish!

Do you think that the proverbial slow boat to China might be a better transportation choice?

Glad you're back on the ground. The lack of dormitory space is a b*tch. Are there really that many women there?

If this works, I'll be speechless for at least 1 or 2 nanoseconds.

- Jacqui

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

You *snork* just like your blog mom...that's so cute! Good luck!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Actually Jacqui, there's no room because there's so few females here. It's like a 2500/500 ratio male/female.

Ain't life grand! *snork*

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That ratio would be very nice if .... well mind is in the gutter now. *bg*

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

LOL he knows the ratio already. Luckily.

But Ima gonna be a good girl. *grin*

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger The Bobo Knitter said...

I am glad you are there safe. Say a quick hello to the mountains for me next time you are out and about. Oh how I miss those mountains . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google