29 October 2005

Conceit isn't so easy.

I have a project that a family member requested. It requires me to be conceited.

Now, I'm not a shrinking violet. And I'm not averse to bragging every once in a while. Depending on the crowd. And mostly because it's fun to tell a story and get a laugh.

But writing everything down, is a wee bit different. And I evidently have to write EVERYTHING.

Makes me feel kinda weird. Actually very weird.

Does that sound weird?

What would you do if you were requested to write down everything award, good deed, assignment, etc that you'd ever done?

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger KathyK said...

It's not conceited if you are telling the truth. *bg*

You didn't say why the family member needs this information. You won't be in the AF that much longer, so you may need to have this information organized when you're ready to get a job in the outside world.

I think that sometimes we are so critical of ourselves that we need to step back and remind ourselves that we have done some good things and made a difference for people, even if we aren't perfect. *big hugs to you*

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

In answer to your question - I'd run away!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Harvey said...

Heh. Had to do this a LOT in my Navy days. Every time performance evals were due, my supervisor would tell me to fill out a "brag sheet".

My advice - list everything you can think of, and err on the side of inclusion.

Yes, it DOES feel awkward at first, but after a while it gets easier as you go along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google