27 September 2007

My Daddy said God would provide...

As most of you know Mick was diagnosed with Plagiocephaly which basically means his skull has not formed normally and the back side of his head is literally flat. If not treated he could have problems with migraines, asymetry of his facial features, jaw problems etc. The most common treatment for Plagiocephaly is a molding helmet which helps the head grow into the areas that are not rounded out. Tricare, the military HMO, paid for Mick to be sent to a child neurologist for the diagnosis but will not pay to treat him.

After reading a message a friend sent me about the Navy Aid Society helping out a young family with the same problem, this morning I went to the Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) office on base. I had to provide doctor documentation, prescription for the helmet, quote on the price, my LES, and then they went over my financial status completely. Once we did this, I was asked to step outside and they called AFAS Headquarters right then. Half an hour later I was approved for a grant. A grant means that the money is signed directly over to the orthotic company to pay for the helmet and I do not have to repay anyone. The grant was for $2100.00--- $2100 that I did not have and was going to have to make payment plans for. I walked out of the AFAS office with a check for $2100.00, picked up Mick for his measurement appt, and handed the orthotic company the check and that was it.

Today God smiled down and blessed my little family. I saw a miracle happen today.

And I feel like a 100 lbs of weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I'm not a particularly religious person, I have my beliefs but in my life I've only seen a few miracles such as the birth of my nieces. This year I have been given 3 miracles- Mick, Mack, and now this.


My Daddy was right. God does provide...

6 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you. It's nice when someone who is deserving gets needed help.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was blogcrawling through...but this is the best damn post that I've seen tonight. I'm so happy for you!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Another blogcrawler passing through. I'm glad to see that you're being taken care of, angry that it's not the Tricare.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*winks at the Big Guy Upstairs*

Glad to see things are working out. I was just crawling through, but your post made me pause to say thanks...

Take care of yourself and your little ones...

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

Good for you!

glbog crawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google