14 July 2007

My Daddy's gone

My daddy passed away on Monday 9 July. He went quick and was at peace. He was met at the Pearly Gates by my Papa who died 24 years ago the same day.

My daddy was my hero. He was my rock, he was my sounding board, he was my Daddy. He adopted me as a baby and never once did I ever feel like I wasn't his. I was his "daddy's girl".

I keep looking up to ask him a question and then I realize he's not there to answer.

I keep looking for him in the kitchen while he cooks bacon but he's not there.

I keep wanting to tell him that I love him but he's not there to tell.

I want to hug him and feel his arms around me but he's not here.

The last thing I ever said to him was I love you. That means the world to me.

He was, no IS, so proud of his grandsons. I remember the look on his face when he first saw them and he glowed. Literally just glowed. And I remember being so happy to have given him that.

Daddy, I love you. I think about you all the time. And I wish...

I miss my daddy.

11 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this...God bless you and your family.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, Pixie, I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. I'm so glad you were able to tell him you love him at the last. I'm sure it meant a lot to him. XOXOX KathyK

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Maranda Rites said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Try and take comfort in knowing you were able to tell him you loved him one last time.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Only $19.95 said...

I'm sorry. You're in my thoughts. I'll call you in a few days!

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hug*

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pixie, I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Only $19.95 said...

I hope you're feeling better.... It was nice chatting! Call me if you want to!

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping you and your family in prayer Pix. Always here for you. Hugs, Sue

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger sticks said...

Hugs and prayers

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

I am so sorry to hear this. My belated condolences as well...

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I miss you! Wish you would post -- especially about the boys!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google