09 June 2006

Just stuff

Time is a funny thing.

How come some days it seems like it takes FOREVER for it to end? Yet other days seem to fly by in two hours?

Some days you can take your time, work on your projects, and have plenty of room to maneuver.

Other days it seems like you can't get anything finished, no matter how fast or hard you work on it. Kinda like when your boyfriend's drunk and can't finish, no matter how hard he tries?

Monday went by fast this week. Tuesday and Wednesday dragged on and on and on and on and on. I didn't think they were ever gonna end.

Thursday went by smoothly and yesterday was a relaxing day at work. We had a shop BBQ. The guys marinated the chicken (extremely well I might add). They cooked chicken, brats, and burgers. Everybody gathered round the table and BS'd for a while. It was enjoyable to see them have a good time.

This time next week I'll be packing for midtour. I leave on the 19th for California for some unfinished business. Please please please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out.

I'm excited but I'm not the flipping out, jumping up and down kind of excited. But every once in a while it suddenly hits me what I'm doing and I get this little flutter in my belly. A good flutter, one that sends warm fuzzies up my spine and into my head.

That's how I know it's right. I just hope God agrees that it's the right time also.

Something else has changed over the last 8 months. I'm a lot more calm. I'm so understressed (as compared to Travis) it's like I don't even know what stressed out means. A new Flight Chief arrived about 3 weeks ago. It's amazing the difference a boss can make. As a shop supervisor I actually can make decisions now without begging for approval. He's seems a great guy although I have a feeling that somewhere underneath I wouldn't want to piss him off. That's ok though, I'd rather work for someone like that.

Oh, another thing about next weekend. Seems that we are having a GI party....

A GI party is a massive cleaning venture. It means that all of us will be out at 8am to clean the dorm. From top to bottom, 4 floors. My dorm is one of the nicest on base. It stays clean. I don't expect we'll be out here for hours.

But still...

I'm 35 years old. I've lived on my own for the last 16 years. I pay my bills, I'm fairly competent. I don't need someone coming in and telling me I need to make my bed or wash the window. Unfortunately there's some who don't know how to be adult. And that's why we're doing this. Not because 99% do what they're supposed to, but because 1% can't/won't be an adult.

Seems like that's always how it is in the military. 99% pay for the 1%.

Anyways, I've rambled enough for today. See ya!

4 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not because 99% do what they're supposed to, but because 1% can't/won't be an adult."

It's that way out here in the civilian world too... the military just has more leeway in cracking down on you. They also have more leeway in making the lives of idiots more miserable.

Out here they just take away your priviledges at work and everyone has to put up being treated like a 2 year old. Heaven forbid they actually punish those in the wrong - that might be discrimination or something. GRRR!

As for the trip - I have all appendages crossed for you. Hope it all works out!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Only $19.95 said...

I hope I'm not too late to wish you a good trip!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Not too late at all! 4 days to go!

Thank you :-)

T- I'll let you know what happens as soon as I found out anything.

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crossing everything and sending good vibes and prayers your way Pixie. Hugs, Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google