19 April 2006

April showers...

Better bring May flowers!

We've had maybe 3 days without any rain. We have standing water everywhere. It's cold, it's windy, it's wet, and it's icky.

I woke up to severe thunder and lightning this morning at 3:30 am. It normally wouldn't have woken me except I live on the 4th floor. Thunder's a heck of a lot louder on the 4th floor.

Remind me never to live in an apartment building. Oh yeah, I'm afraid of heights...no chance of that happening.

Anyway, I'm hoping May gets pretty and warmer.

One a good note, spring has sprung here in some ways. The dogwoods (I think they're dogwoods) are blooming and I have one directly under my window. It's absolutely gorgeous.

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess we've gotta deal with one to get the other. Atleast you can look out and see the tree. Sending gentle warm winds to dry the Pixie's wings. Sue

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger KathyK said...

All that rain will make it wet and uncomfortable to ride your new bike, won't it? I hope you get some sunny days soon so that you can dry out. XOXOXO

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreeing with Nell, my "lawn" is blowin in the wind. Sue

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lawn? What's a lawn? *grin*

There were dogwood trees at my old house. So pretty. I used to bring branches of flowers into work. Can you post a picture? Please *whiny voice*

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pixie - I'll make a few phone calls & see if I can get some better weather sent your way :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google