06 January 2006

Life's a bitch...

and then she eats the last of your ice cream and grins at you while she does it.

Yeah, I'm complaining.

We got 73 inches of snow last month. No this is not a snow post. I'm just giving facts.

In the straight 21 days straight that it snowed and the 4-6" of ice that is everywhere, I've been extremely careful not to fall.

I made damn sure I didn't rush, walked with my body forward and took my time.

And I never fell.

Until yesterday.

We have no heat in our building. So we use a portable gas heater that has to be gassed up twice a day and delivered to our building. As we have a sheet of ice 5" thick, the truck can't drive over it. They let us know when they drop it off and we go get it, push it about 15 yards, and hook it up.

Yesterday morning we did our usual routine. About 10 feet into it, I slipped.

Landed on my butt and back, the nerve that runs from your butt to your neck started shooting fireworks, and my neck snapped.

Now I already have a bad neck and back from a car accident in 2001. Stupid bitch hit us doing 35 and we're at a dead stop with our turn signal on waiting to turn into our driveway. Shredded every ligament, tendon, and muscle in my neck and upper back. Mama's too.

I've got limited motion to the point that if I want to look to my left, my entire upper body turns to look. Three doctors have said it will not get better.

So after falling, I laid there. Cuz I couldn't get up. Two people had to pull me straight up in a way that my neck and back had no strain.

We finished pushing the heater to the building. Then smoked a cigarette.

Then took two bufferin cuz the headache struck and my neck started screaming. So I kept taking bufferin, got home and soaked in a hot bath, used a moist heat heating pad and hoped it would be better.

This morning was worse. Didn't sleep cuz every time I turned over, I woke up. I can't turn to the left or right, can only look straight ahead. Can't look up or down either.

So I made a dr's appointment.

I sprained my neck.

Got vicodin and flexerall. No PT, no lifting, no nothing for 30 days.

Yeah, she's enjoying my ice cream.

Fucking bitch.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Oh Pixie.... you need some of your own Pixie dust for yourself! Stop giving it away to everyone else!

Gentle {{{HUGS}}}

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

That bites, big time! I'm so sorry that you hurt yourself AGAIN. At least Flexeril will help you sleep a little and Vicodin will take the edge off the pain. Is it possible that you will be sent home and given a medical release a little early if you don't improve pretty soon? I wonder if you can do the work they sent you there to do when you're in so much pain. (Gentle hugs)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know that you just put my "bad" day into perspective. Sheesh. This is a bitch. Do whatever the doctor tells you so that you get better (or at least back to where you were pre-fall). Sending gentle {{{HUGS}}} your way.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Harvey said...

*VERY gentle hug*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google