15 December 2005

Guardian angels are awesome.

So I'm outside enjoying a smoke.

The sun is shining and light flurries are falling.

The snow is pure white and gorgeous.

All is well.

Right?

Wrong.

As I turn around the snow/ice on the roof that had started to melt yesterday and refroze last night, had again started melting in the sunlight and went...

Crash BOOM

I looked down and had snow and ice to my knees.

Oh...about 25 feet of two foot wide pure ice 6-8 inches thick lay on the sidewalk.

(How do you like my math description? Jacqui- told you I didn't do well in math!)

If I had been 2 feet to the left, I wouldn't be typing this.

Cuz I'd've been in the hospital.

With a concussion...

A few broken bones....

Probably another neck injury...

And a killer headache.

The snow wouldn't have been white.

I like pink but not that much.

It took over half an hour for my heartbeat to slow down.

Then we got to shovel it off the sidewalk.

At least I haven't slipped and fallen on the ice yet.

Key word being yet.

Guardian angels are awesome.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Don't you love those guardian angels! The front door at our old house was situated so there was always this massive snowpile just waiting to land on some unsuspecting person standing by the front door. Luckily it never did... but.

Now if you had lived in Chicago ever (the city) you'd be well aware of falling snow and ice... there's at least one story every year of some poor person getting flattened by the stuff falling off a skyscraper... That's why there's so much scaffolding around the city - it protects pedestrians from falling stuff!

Now hang on to that guardian angel... looks like you need her. *grin*

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

Oh, My! I'm so glad your guardian angel was working overtime that day, even if you did have to shovel snow. Kepp safe, Pixie. We need you back in the states when your tour is up.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad your guardian angel was guarding you so well. If it's any consolation, having that much snow/ice fall near me would be just as heart stopping. :)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Harvey said...

Wasn't a guardian angel.

It was a hitman angel with bad aim.

You'll probably wake up tomorrow with a snowman's head in your bed :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google