18 January 2006

American Idol

So the phenomenom that is American Idol started tonight. Yes, it's being shown on TV even here in Korea.

And I have to admit, I find some of these folks absolutely hilarious. I wonder what drives some of them to show up and look like a total idiot on national television.

Are they hoping they are the next William Hung?

Or are they truly delusional that they can actually warble a decent sound?

I can't sing. I know I can't sing. So even if I was of an age to even qualify to try out, I wouldn't. I don't want to look like an idiot.

So I wonder what goes through their mind...

Don't you?

5 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger KathyK said...

Some people really don't know they can't sing. Others think that being cute or sexy will make up for the fact that they can't sing. But at least they have the guts to go for their dream. It takes really strong egos to try for a career in the arts and not every voice with a big hit is considered a "good" voice by the critics. Personally I can sing. I have been singing my whole life in church choirs. But I don't have the ego to try for a career in music.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

What you say makes sense. Some of them do come across as truly confident in their singing abilities. I guess I just have a hard time believing ALL these folks truly have no clue they sound horrible.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Personally, I saw enough of the show in the commercials during 24... I knew then I didn't want to sink any of my spare time into watching it. 24 - yes... American Idol - no. *grin*

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Harvey said...

I think it's a matter of "what have you got to lose?", and tend to agree with Kathy that at least they tried.

Also, I blame their friends for not having the decency to tell them the truth :-)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Like Teresa, I had no desire to spend any time watching the show after hearing the commercials. OTOH if I want to hear really bad singing, all I need to do is sing. *bg*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google