10 July 2006

36? How the heck did that happen?

I turned 36 today. And I'm 5 weeks pregnant today.

Life is good.

I wonder sometimes when I look in the mirror where those wrinkles came from. At times I still feel like the 18 year old who just graduated high school and had her entire life ahead of her.

I had plans. I was going to England to marry a duke. Then I was going to Florida to live the high life. Hurricane Andrew knocked that idea out the ballpark. On to Charleston, SC where I met the love of my life (so I thought at the time). That so did not work out. Went to Korea for the first time and met my ex-fiancee. He, I definitely loved but at the time it just wasn't right. Now I'm 26 years old, lived all over the world but still wasn't where I thought I should be. Back to Florida where I decided the Air Force wasn't for me anymore and prepared to separate. The Air Force kicked me back with a promotion and I became a recruiter in Alabama, close to home. Life was good. Except I was 29, still not married and no kids. Did well at recruiting, approved to career progress and again the Air Force kicked me; back into the maintenance world and I moved to California. Huge HugE HUGE mistake. But once there I decided to finally go for what I wanted which was a child. Got started, halfway through and damned if the Air Force doesn't kick me again and I had orders to Korea again. Put everything on hold and moved halfway across the world again.

Now I'm 36 and pregnant with my first child.

So maybe life didn't work out the way I planned when I was 18 or 26 or even 34. But it seems to be on track now. My folks are thrilled, my mama's literally jumping for joy. My brother's looking forward to being an uncle. My grandparents are excited. I don't know where Paul is. Maybe one day he'll tell me.

But I'm happy. And I'm content.

Now I just have to decide baby names.

Yep, life is good.

8 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

I'm happy for you that the baby "took". As for the plans that didn't work out exactly like you thought, the things you've experienced made you what you are today and even though there have been some very hard times, you probably wouldn't change anything. I'm still hopeful that you'll find the person to share your life who will love you and your baby Pixie with all his heart. If not, you'll have your baby and your loving family. I can hardly wait to see pictures of that little one. Have you had an ultrasound? It's too soon to be able to see any "hamburger buns" or "hot dogs" but if you can see a beating heart that's a good thing.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

And, by the way, Happy Birthday, Pixie. I wish you many more happy years.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

I have a consult in for an ultrasound now. I'm just waiting for Tricare to call and let me know when the appt is.

Thank you Kathy. *smooch*

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are referring to laugh lines, then you have 'CRINKLES' lmao cuz you dont have any wrinkles. And in this day and age, more and more women are having children without marrying, its called WOMAN POWER, lol.
Love ya
Mama

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your day was excellent.

BTW - no one's life ever turns out how they thought it would. *grin*

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Maitreyee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Maitreyee said...

i have been reading your blog for quite some time now.....
i am inspired :)

Its only words that i have read.... but there is something which attracts me to you.. your strength? conviction?
the simple matter-of-factly way that you take your life?
dunno..

i see you becoming everything i would want to be one day :)

a woman complete all by herself...

all the very best to you and your lil one.. my best wishes 2 u :)

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many things in life don't go as planned. Glad to see you're happy right now. Imagine if one of those paths hadn't taken a turn? You may never have found so many loving Aunties for Pixette. Hugs and hope your birthday was special. Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google