18 February 2007

Mick and Mack have arrived!


I'm a Mama!

Guess the boys decided Valentine's Day was going to be THEIR day!

I woke up Valentine's Day morning feeling pretty good. Around 10am I went to the bathroom and there was my plug! We called the doc and they said to come in. When we got there, I was having some good contractions, had dilated to 2 cm, my water was leaking, and my blood pressure was up. Doc said to head straight to the hospital that we'd have babies within the hour!

We got to the hospital and it seemed to go slowly at first getting into the hospital room, IV's attached, etc. Then my doc showed up and everything got into high gear. Mick was born weighing 7 lbs 8.4 ozs at 1:39pm and Mack showed up 1 minute later justa squalling his head off and weighed 6 lbs 8 oz! Talk about big boys! Especially for being only at 36 weeks. We were all shocked. I was carrying around over 14 lbs of baby!

The c-section part went great. I didn't feel a thing and I got to see my boys before they took them to the nursery. Gigi, the lucky girl, got to carry them to the nursery!

We spent two days in the hospital and it's been a blur since. I'm not sure if I'm coming or going.

The boys are adorable. Mick has red hair and Mack has dark hair with tints of red. Beautiful dark blue eyes and temperments as different as night and day. Life is certainly interesting right now!

11 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger KathyK said...

Congratulations, Pixie! I'm so glad you got such wonderful Valentine's Day presents. I'm amazed they were so big at 36 weeks. They're breathing OK and all the parts are working? You're already home? Take care of yourslef and them, sweetie.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Everyone was shocked at their size including me! Whoda thunk I'd make boys that big? If I'd been having just one, he would have probably weighed over 9lbs! LOL

The boys came home with me on Friday, 48 hrs after the c-section. No NICU time was needed and they were measuring at 37-38 weeks gestation vs 36 weeks. If I didn't know for a fact when I got pregnant, I'd have to reconsider how far along I was, if that makes sense.

They are beautiful, healthy, and definitely showing their temperments! Mack has quite the temper for being my little guy!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Maitreyee said...

Congratulations!!! And all the best to the new mama :)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

Pixie- would you post thier full names (or email me privately if that's an issue?)

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!
AJ

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture you posted. Wishing you, GiGi and the boys loads of happiness and wonder. Hugs. Sue

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

Hey Kathy, can you send me your email address? I can't find it on my computer for some reason.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

Will do. I'll send through email on the EL site.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*champagne*

*cigars*

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful, healthy baby boys! Whew...what a job for you!

Congratulations.

And Harvey, no smoking around the babies!!!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*takes cigar outside*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google