06 January 2007

A happier medium?


My dog Luka or as Gigi calls him "idiot dog" has a slight whining problem. Meaning he whines all the time. It finally got to the point that it was coming down to a decision of him or babies...and we all know which would win.

So I made an appt with a vet and Gigi took him. Bless her heart, I know she absolutely hated to do it, but she did it for me.

It seems Luka is a high-anxiety dog. It comes from a lack of continuity due to my being sent to Korea for a year. He was just uprooted one time too many and it has made him highly nervous.

So now he's on doggie prozac. And so far except for a few exceptions, he doesn't whine. He's only been on the meds for 3 days but so far so good.

Cross your fingers he stays calm.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

I'm glad the medication is helping him. Our pets are such an important part of our lives.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just let my dog drink beer until he passes out.

No whining, but then I have to put up with the snoring :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google