20 December 2006

Whew!

We've made it to 28 1/2 weeks. Whoever said that pregnancy was beautiful and wonderful and a breeze LIED. They should have their mouth washed out with soap!

I had a good dr's appt today though. Even though I failed the 1 hr gestational diabetes test last week, I passed the 3 hr this week. And both babies are now head down which explains two things:

1. Why my belly never seems to be still now (talk about a baby dance going on) and
2. Why I'm peeing every 20 minutes

Oh yeah, they're flattening my bladder. And you can't just go pee. You have to sit there after the first pee and wait for the second flow to start. Cuz there's always a second flow.

But we're doing good. Something tells me I'll look back on these bedrest days with conflicting emotions; remembering them fondly as I recall the quiet and rest yet also remembering the boredom and waiting. I'm ready for my boys to arrive but am I ready for the noise? LOL

7 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger KathyK said...

I'm glad you had a good appointment today. All bets are off as far as pregnancy when you have 2 on board at the same time (there is no "easy button"). One at a time is hard enough, especially in the last month. But if the boys are lively and healthy, that's a good thing. Yes, the newborn time is quite challenging. Somehow you'll get through it. Try to rest whenever the babies do and let the housekeeping fall to the bottom of your priority list.

I swore my first was going to be a place kicker for the Cowboys because he kept kicking my bladder so much. Are you having a planned C-section or are you going to try the natural way first?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Twin Mommie said...

It has to be a c-section due to the location of the placenta. So no natural labor here. But that's ok, two healthy boys is all I want!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger KathyK said...

I had 3 c-sections. Having never had a normal delivery I have no means of comparison. But it's do-able.

It's good that you know ahead of time that you're having a section. An unexpected one (like my first) puts you in a tail spin. You should be able to stay awake and hear the babies cry as they're born. That's awesome!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger GiGi said...

lmao...the joys of pregnancy.
Women "tinkle" Men "flow"!!!!!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, hmmm, *whistles*, yeah, well... must have been one of us whimpy mothers who only carried one baby at a time. One baby that didn't weigh as much as your boys do at this point in time, and didn't carry a tag team of kick boxers around. Sue

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will NEVER be ready for the amount of noise that boys can make :-)

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irish,

Great news! I just found your blog. Sounds like everything's going well.
AJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google